Monday, December 10, 2007

neat stuff

Use this trick to keep your cuttings fresh until you can stick them.

Wrap cutting ends in damp paper towels, place in a gallon size zip lock bag. Close the bag, except for a small space at the end of the 'zipper'.

Blow into the bag, causing it to expand, like a balloon. Quickly close the bag 'zipper'.

Plants need carbon dioxide to live. We inhale oxygen, exhale carbon dioxide. Therefore, you are giving them a good supply of what they need when you blow into the bag.

The cuttings will stay fresh for a long time.

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Oh. I thought I had to rush to the potting bench and pot them right up.

What do you think of taking cuttings of old wood on last year's snaps?

janie said...

They might root. I never thought of trying to root snaps.

Try it, and let us know.

I don't have any, or I would try it myself.